Header

Mrs. King at Home About Mrs. King Contact Mrs. King Mrs. King's Music Class HOME Image Map

1st and 2nd Graders get Smart with November Rhythms

Students in 1st and 2nd Grades used their knowledge of rhythms and their love of SmartBoards in music class this week.  Students read the names of pictures of several November things like pumpkins, pilgrims, turkeys, voting and more.  Then we decided the number of syllables in each and matched them with the note that best represented them.  Eighth notes (or titi) worked for all pictures with 2 syllables and 1 syllabled words like "leaf" sound closest to quarter notes (or ta).  By rearranging the pictures we created many new rhythms!


Teachers can download the PowerPoint version of this activity HERE.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! I have a mimio in my elementary room so I am looking forward to trying this out with my students :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing that link to download! I love reading your blog and seeing all your creative ideas! I always learn so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this! Fun idea that I will use this fall! :)

    ReplyDelete