Header

Mrs. King at Home About Mrs. King Contact Mrs. King Mrs. King's Music Class HOME Image Map

Instrument Investigations

Currently, 4th graders are reviewing instruments of the orchestra and instrument families.  In this project students are paired up and given a small poster that contains the picture of an instrument and other important information.  Students use an "Instrument Investigation" sheet to record the instruments name, family, how it produces sound and another interesting fact.



After their investigation was complete (about 10-15 minutes) each group presented their facts to the entire class.  I was so impressed with their presentations and the information they presented to us!

Teachers:  Get the worksheet HERE

7 comments:

  1. I like this, too! Did you create the instrument poster or did you find it somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be pretty easy to create the posters or something link them, but I did not. Actually these are from an old kit by Hal Leonard. I'm not sure if they make it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see your Investigation sheet. Would you be willing to share?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to do this with my older students. Would you mind sharing the worksheet you use? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. King...Yay! I am so glad i found you. I am old but new to teaching. I teach music(PreK-5) in a catholic school and am in search of fun lesson plans. Of course i have no budget, but would love to incorporate your wonderful things. I am also in charge of doing all the holiday presentations as well. If possible, may I use your lessons. I will take anything? If so, do I find them on here. Thank you for your creativity. it is such a joy to read what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel free to use any of the ideas on the blog. I hope they will inspire others! This blog is mostly a way to share what goes on in my classroom with parents, community members and of course other teachers. I don't usually post specific plans but often share some of the activities we do in class. And congrats on your new position!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing this great idea! Just purchased the Investigation Sheet!

    ReplyDelete